Friday, May 25, 2012

What Is “The Gospel”?

Here’s another lie I’ve heard my whole life in church buildings: “The Gospel” is the good news of what Jesus DID for you (died on a cross & rose again) and if you believe THAT you will go to heaven.  Let me just say upfront; I absolutely DESPISE lies, for I hate evil!  So if my words seem harsh at times towards people (or religions) who claim to be God’s spokesmen (speaking God’s Truth on Earth) when they really are NOT … THAT upsets me!!!  Do you know why?  Because I know these liars are deceiving my brothers and sisters all over this planet concerning the Truth of what MUST be DONE to obtain eternal life.  Thus, they are leading folks astray, towards an eternal destiny of hurt, and that greatly angers me!

The Pharisees were doing this exact thing in Jesus’ day, and he had some choice words for them: “Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites!  For ye compass sea and land to make one proselyte (convert), and when he is made, ye make him twofold more the child of hell than yourselves!” (Matthew 23:15).  Friend, please don’t be offended at my words, for they are rooted in love for you.  I want you to go to heaven.  I’m genuinely concerned about your soul’s eternal destiny.  Listen, the same Spirit that was in Christ, John the Baptist, and all the Prophets is in me, so it should not surprised you at all if my words become harsh and angry towards religious deception.

With that being said, do you want to know God’s truth in the Bible concerning what “The Gospel” is?  “The Gospel” is everything Jesus TAUGHT!  It is every parable, every story, and every direct teaching he uttered.  And it is ALL based on love!  Thus, “The Gospel” is really just God’s instructions (through Christ’s mouth) on how we are to “obey the 10 love commandments”.  Yes, “The Gospel” is something that needs to be obeyed!  Listen to Paul: “The Lord Jesus shall be revealed from heaven with his mighty angels, in flaming fire, taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that OBEY NOT the GOSPEL of our Lord Jesus Christ” (II Thessalonians 1:7-8).  Listen to Peter: “What shall the end be of them that OBEY NOT the GOSPEL of God?” (I Peter 4:17).

In last week’s blog (read here) I taught you that “Believing in Jesus” means to believe in what he TAUGHT (proved by your obedience to his teachings) and not just in what he DID.  Well, now you know it is exactly the same with the Biblical term “The Gospel”.  For “The Gospel” is really God’s (or Christ’s) teachings concerning the ways of "Good”, which are the ways of love.  Thus, "The Gospel" is the “GOOD” - News!  So, do you believe in Jesus?  Do you obey the Gospel of Christ?


For a quick view of "The Gospel (10LC's)" click HERE and scroll down to the chart.



In Christ's love,

Gabriel

Approximately 850 Weeks (Sabbaths) Remaining Till Christ's Return!

No comments:

Post a Comment