Friday, July 19, 2013

You Will Be LIKE John the Baptist

This past week I was talking with some folks about the book I wrote and its message when the seemingly inevitable question came up, “Where do you go to church?”  I said, “Well, nowhere right now,” and then proceeded to tell them about the time back in 2007 when God sternly commanded me, right after the opening singing portion of a church service as we were taking our seats, “Get your Bible and your things and LEAVE, NOW!!!”  Six years have passed since that Sunday morning, and I haven’t darkened the doorway of a church building since.  Yet, in the last 6 years, I’ve received this amazing prophetic message about God’s Word, wrote a book, created a website, made videos, and continue to write a blog, all in an effort to deliver the message.

Anyway, these people’s “church” question this past week got me to thinking about something the traveling prophet told me about my life back in 1983, when I was just 12 years old, he said, “Son, YOU will be LIKE John the Baptist in the last days …”  Well, do you remember the story of John the Baptist in the Bible?  The locust and wild honey diet.  The camel hair clothing.  The leather girdle.  Hollering out God’s message (not in church synagogues) but along the Jordan River in the wilderness.  Yes, God had taken John out of church!!!  Isn’t that amazing?  Well, God has done the EXACT SAME THING with me in these last days!  Thus, it should not surprise you one bit to learn I don’t attend a church building.

One day the preachers (Pharisees & Sadducees) of John’s day came out to hear him, and he snarled, “O generation of vipers, who hath warned you to flee from the wrath to come? Bring forth therefore fruits (deeds of 10 love commandment obedience!) proving you have repented of your sins!” (Matthew 3:7-8).  Can you imagine?  A seemingly wild and crazy non-churchgoer rebuking the preachers of his day!  But who do you think was sent by God?  John or the preachers of his day?  Who would you have listened to?  Jesus confirmed John the Baptist was God’s man for the hour!  Plus, John had some disciples (followers), so there were those who recognized God's truth behind his message.  How about you?  Would you have followed John?

Well, here I am!  God has taken me out of the mainstream church world like some oddball, just like John.  God has given me the message of repentance (keep God’s 10 love commandments) for forgiveness of sins, just like John.  And God has anointed me to proclaim the soon coming of the Christ (Messiah), just like John.  Yes, all things considered, the traveling prophet’s words to me back in 1983 were spot on, again, about my life’s future, “Son, you will be LIKE John the Baptist in the last days, preparing the people to meet the Lord!”  The only question now is … are you willing to hear, trust, and believe the message God gave me?




Enjoy the Sabbath,

Gabriel

Approximately 791 Weeks (Sabbaths) Remaining Till Christ's Return!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, are ya'll ready for this? When I was working on this blog, I did not look at any clock in my house or on the computer. In other words, i did not know what time it was! But after working and working and working on it, image, links, etc, etc ... look at what time I finally hit the "publish" button!!!

    6:00 exactly!!! I'm telling you the truth ... I had NO IDEA it was that time!!! The prophetic message God gave me to proclaim to the world is that Jesus Christ will return to Earth during its 6,000 year of existence, precisely 2,000 years after the year of his death!!! God just confirmed the truth of His message with this "posting" time. WOW!!!

    And what was the last sentence i wrote?? "The only question now is ... are you willing to hear, trust, and believe the message God gave me?" It's up to ya'll!

    Blessings in Christ Jesus!

    Gabriel

    ReplyDelete