Friday, September 20, 2013

Pope Francis: Can An Atheist Go To Heaven?

Pope Francis recently shocked today’s average churchgoers by writing: “You ask me if the God of the Christians forgives those who don’t believe (in the existence of God) and who don’t seek the faith (frequent a church building).  I start by saying – and this is the fundamental thing – that God’s mercy has no limits if you go to Him with a sincere and contrite heart.  The issue for those who do not believe in God is to obey their conscience: Sin, even for those who have no faith, exists when people disobey their conscience.”  To this I say, which may shock you too … Amen and amen!

I read a blog about Pope Francis’ recent comments from a churchgoer, and here were her close-minded thoughts: “The Pope had recently given an interview in which he stated ... that you don’t have to believe in God to go to heaven.  The Pope believes that it is OK to not believe in God.  That you can have eternal life with God even without acknowledging His existence.  He just threw the whole Bible in the trash.  This man may not be a Christian at all.  He may not even believe that God exists himself, otherwise, why would he make such a statement.  We need to continue to spread the truth.  Don’t give up.  Our “redemption draweth nigh”.  Hand a Catholic a Kristin gospel tract before it’s too late for them.”  Ugh, pathetic!

I know this is a touchy subject, and it requires a DEEP KNOWLEDGE of TRUTH to understand, but I agree wholeheartedly with Pope Francis … I absolutely believe there will be SOME atheists that make heaven!  Why do I say that?  Because James revealed this truth in God’s Holy Word: “Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe (there is one God), and tremble.  But wilt thou know, oh VAIN man, that faith without works (good deeds) is dead?” (James 2:19-20).

See, the REAL salvation issue (meaning the REAL issue that will determine if someone goes to heaven or not) is not whether a person can rationalize the existence of God to themselves, but rather that they choose to follow the path of good (love) over the path of evil (pride) in their daily life.  And ALL men know this difference!  It is summed up by the Golden Rule: “Do for others what you want them to do for you.  This is the teaching of the laws of Moses in a nutshell” (Matthew 7:12).  In fact, one cannot have a thought without it being either in obedience or disobedience to God’s 10 Love Commandments.  So, you show me a person who loves and I’ll show you a person who truly BELIEVES in GOD (LOVE), and whom God will except into His heavenly Kingdom one day, for they DID His WILL, even if they couldn't grasp how He exists!



Blog: "Pope Francis assures atheists: You don't have to believe in God to go to heaven"



Happy Sukkot (Feast of Tabernacles),

Gabriel

Approximately 782 Weeks (Sabbaths) Remaining Till Christ's Return!

6 comments:

  1. Proof #1: Matthew 25:31-46. Here Jesus gives the example of those who fed him when he was hungry, gave him drink when he was thirsty, clothed him when he was naked, etc. Those who DID these "good works" went to heaven, those who did NOT went to hell. No distinction of religion, race, or nationality was made between these people. Can an athiest do these things (follow the humble path of good) without realizing God exists? OF COURSE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Proof #2: I John 4:7. "Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God." Is it possible for an atheist to love? Is it possible for an atheist to be born of God, and not even realize he exists? ABSOLUTELY!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good point brother! It was great learning this new truth. Thanks for covering this subject and making it a blog.

    Now let me continue John's words if I may:

    "He that loveth not KNOWETH NOT God; for God is love." (1 John 4:8)

    So this verse clearly implies that the ones who truly don't know God are the ones who don't love! Even if they call themselves "Christians" or whatever, if they don't love, they are the TRUE ATHEISTS!!!

    So anyone can be an atheist even if they are preaching to them because they feel sorry for them but some of those preaching are hypocrites and are really atheists themselves without even knowing!

    Wow, this is HUGE if you think about it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen, brother. I suspect there's going to be A LOT of surprised people on Judgment Day!

      Little story for ya'll ... I knew an atheist once, he was the husband of the sister of a girl I was dating at the time. He was one of the most sweetest, kindest, honorable men I have ever met. Always pull chair out for wife when she sat down. Would stand up in respect when others sat down, etc.

      Ah, there's no way for me to truly describe this man's heart, but what I saw was an amazingly humble, loving person, who I believe now was wholeheartedly born of God's Holy Spirit. And yet, talking to him at the time, he just couldn't bring himself to understand how an invisible God could exist.

      I know now, from the TRUTH God taught me in the past 8 years about how salvation works, God will NOT hold that against him on Judgment Day, not if he continues to do God's loving will in his daily life!

      In fact, I believe God allowed me to meet this amazing atheistic man years ago, before i learned the Truth God has taught me in these past 8 years. (I met this man back in AD 2000 or so, when I was FAR from God in my own life, and I didn't know any prophetic things about God's Word to help prove to him that God exists.) But God brought him back to my mind this past week as I read these words from the new pope, and wallaa ... it was time for me to write a blog about this issue!

      Now, I'm certainly not saying ALL atheist are going, I'm just merely saying, there's a chance that some of them could make it, if they DO God's WILL (seek to keep God's 10 Love Commandments) in their daily life.

      And I also know that today's salvationally deceived church crowd will not understand this unless they humble themselves and choose to seek God's WHOLE Truth. And that's on them!

      Delete
    2. Amen my brother! I agree 100%! Thanks for sharing that.

      You should see if you can contact him again and see where he is at spiritually. Just wondering because people sometimes have a change of heart after certain experiences. Sometimes the Lord works on their hearts and proves to them His existencein His own marvelous ways. Or maybe now that you are ready, he can use you to open his eyes and acknowledge his creator finally.

      Delete
    3. That would be awesome, Rams! But unfortunately, I have lost complete contact with those people, even with the girl I once dated. So God would have to work that miracle now. I sure wish I knew then what I know now about God's Word, so we could have had a deep conversation about the Bible! I'm positive that would have got him thinking!

      Delete