Friday, December 14, 2012

God’s Command to Love

Having been raised in the churches of modern day Christianity, I am never surprised by someone’s confusion over the term “The 10 LOVE Commandments (10LC)”. This is because in mainstream churchianity the fact that "obeying the 10 Commandments" equals "Loving God & Loving your neighbor" is rarely spoke (if at all?).  Thus, people never seem to make the connection that "obeying the 10 Commandments" is how one “works the deeds of love".  Please realize this is no minor revelation, for after it is grasped, it GREATLY helps a person understand the TRUE meaning behind many other verses of Scripture.

Alright, so here is where it is written in Scripture: "Owe no man any thing, but to LOVE one another: for he that LOVETH another hath FULFILLED the Law.  For this, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not kill, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, Thou shalt not covet; and if there be any other commandment, it is briefly comprehended (or summarized) in this saying, namely, Thou shalt LOVE thy neighbor as thyself.  LOVE worketh no ill (or evil) to his neighbor: therefore LOVE is the FULFILLING (or keeping) of the Law (the 10 Commandments)" (Romans 13:8-10).

It is for this reason that God has asked me (commanded me, actually!) to call His 10 Commandments “The 10 LOVE Commandments".  Do you understand?  Listen, they are “commands” … meaning God is COMMANDING us to DO SOMETHING!  And (applying Paul's explanation above) what is He commanding us to DO?  To LOVE!  Thus, without a doubt, God's 10 Commands are “The 10 LOVE Commandments”.

Jesus said: “For I have not spoken of myself; but the Father which sent me, He gave me a commandment, what I should say, and what I should speak.  And I know that His commandment is life everlasting: whatsoever I speak therefore, even as the Father said unto me, so I speak” (John 12:49-50).  See, Jesus ONLY spoke God’s Words!  And it was God who SPOKE the 10 Love Commandments on Mount Sinai.  Thus, naturally, Jesus also said: “These things I COMMAND you, that ye LOVE ONE ANOTHER” (John 15:17).  In other words, Jesus was commanding people to "obey the 10LC" exactly like God did on Mount Sinai!  Why?  Because it is by "working out these deeds of love” that a person proves they have repented of willful sin (evil), which is ALL THEY have to DO to receive life everlasting!  Now you know why Jesus said: “IF you want to obtain eternal life, keep my (10 Love) Commandments” (Matthew 19:17).  Amen.


Watch short "Ten Commandments" Video.
Visit website: 10LoveCommandments.com


In Christ’s love,

Gabriel

Approximately 822 Weeks (Sabbaths) Remaining Till Christ's Return!

1 comment:

  1. Amen! Wow, if that doesn't explain why they are now rightfully and logically called The 10 "Love" Commandments, I don't know what will.
    Thanks Gabriel! May the Lord bless you all and open your minds and understanding to this truth which will set you free (from bondage to sin) and help you attain eternal life through Jesus Christ!

    ReplyDelete