Friday, August 17, 2012

“Bad Evidence” for God’s Existence?

From time to time I find the time in my busy schedule to post a comment under a video I encounter on YouTube.  I did so this past week on a video entitled “The Universe – Brian Cox Lecture” and I received the following reply to my Bible-based young-Earth comment: “This is a joke right?  Why would a God create a world in which we have to accept his existence on bad evidence?”

Oh, my!  My heart just sunk.  It always does when I see a soul on Earth has had the cloak-of-deception pulled down so far over their head that they can no longer rationalize even the simplest of matters.  Bad evidence!  Are you kidding me?  It’s all around us!  It’s EVERYWHERE.  And it is not “bad” evidence … it is INCREDIBLE!  The physical world’s stunning complexity and breathtaking beauty absolutely prove the existence of a Creator God.  Paul said it right: “For the invisible things of Him (God) from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made” (Romans 1:20).

And what’s the godless alternative?  To believe a single-celled organism somehow magically arose 2 billion years ago on this planet, having no concept of eyes to see, ears to hear, nose to smell, mouth to talk, arms to hold, legs to walk, etc. … with no clue of a body, head, bones, muscles, nerves, lungs, skin, heart, blood, etc … and it just started to divide and divide, with time and chance, and magically designed one of the most beautiful and complex creatures in the universe … YOU!!!  Oh, and every other living thing you see, too!  Come on.  Seriously?  This is on par with believing a chunk of iron ore, with time and chance, would figure out a way on its own to design and create a high-tech computerized Lamborghini. Preposterous!

Yes, it is a sad day when a soul on Earth can no longer rationalize through something as simple as realizing “We are, therefore He (God) is!”  I mean no disrespect, for my heart truly breaks for these people, but David said it best in the Bible about them: “Only a fool would say to himself, ‘There is no God.’  And why does he say it?  Because of his wicked heart, his dark and evil deeds.  His life is corroded with sin.” (Psalms 53:1, Living Bible).




Sincerely,

Gabriel

Approximately 839 Weeks (Sabbaths) Remaining Till Christ's Return!

2 comments:

  1. I am 110% behind you bro!!!!!!!! They should check out what David said in Psalm 35:17; Lord how long will you look on? Rescue my soul from their destructions, my darling from the lions. 18:I will give you thanks in the great congregation: I will praise you among many mighty people. 19: Let not them that are my enemies wrongfully rejoice over me: neither let them wink with the eye that HATE me WITHOUT A CAUSE. 20: For they speak not peace: but they devise deceitful matters against them that are quiet in the land.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. About 16 more years, bro, about 16 more years will "The Lord look on" before he "rescues the righteous" from the wicked during his fiery return to Earth. Praise his name forevermore.

      Delete